To fund and scale up their work, restoration project developers are increasingly looking to earn revenue from the carbon that they sequester when they regenerate land and that they avoid emitting when they prevent deforestation.
Recognizing the importance of voluntary carbon markets in achieving net-zero emissions, the Institute of International Finance has established a Taskforce on Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets (TSVCM). Their goal is to create a blueprint for voluntary markets, outlined in their recent report, that could meet much greater demand for carbon credits.
Join Initiative 20×20 to discuss the TSVCM and its implications for Latin America.
- Sonja Gibbs, Managing Director and Head of Sustainable Finance for Global Policy Initiatives, Institute of International Finance
- Luciana Gallardo Lomeli, Research Associate, WRI
- Martin Fraguio, Director, Carbon Group Agroclimatic Solutions
- Walter Vergara, Initiative 20×20 Coordinator, WRI
- David Antonioli, CEO, Verra
This event will be conducted in English. A preliminary agenda is available here. We hope you will join us for this latest installment of the Initiative 20×20 webinar series!